New York Fashion Week is barely over but the fashion world is already getting ready for London, Paris and Milan. We can all agree that there would be no show without the models. In French, they are called “mannequins.” Like in English, it can also mean the “mannequin” you’ll see in a store window.
- Karlie Kloss est un mannequin populaire. – Karlie Kloss is a popular model.
- Ces mannequins sont en plastique. – These mannequins are made of plastic.
After we have beautiful models, we need to make them even prettier! For that, an army of hair (cheveux) and make-up (maquillage) artists are ready to work. The hairstylists are called “coiffeurs.” The nail polish (vernis à ongles) is also carefully chosen in order to get the perfect manicure (manucure). Note that most people will only say “vernis.”
- Je dois absolument aller chez le coiffeur! – I absolutely need to go to the hairstylist!
- J’adore ta manucure – I love your manicure.
- Quelle est la couleur de ton vernis? – What color is your nail polish?